I am always an idiot when it comes to picking a gift. Seriously, I have been buying cakes for my mom on her birthdays and Mother’s day like for the last 10 years…It’s just so difficult to get something that’s truly meaningful and functional at the same time. If you ever have the same problems like me, you may want to take a look at what we are talking about here today: a gift that reveals a person’s personality or intentions and at the same time bring good things of one’s desire-Birthstone.
What is Birthstones?
As first appeared in the Book of Exodus(the second book of the Torah and the Hebrew Bible), 12 particulars stones are considered to be connected to 12 months in a year and 12 zodiacs. Wearing birthstones had been a religious practice in the ancient times. But at that time people were more likely to keep all 12 stone and wore one of them accordingly to the current month.
There are so many stories and legends about birthstones. They are considered to be the symbol of the month and represents the personalities of people born in that month. Many crystal healing beginners choose their birthstone as the crystal to start with because they feel connected. With proper ways to use it, the birthstone can help to bring your A-game with concentrated energy and focus.
So what is your birthstones and does it represent you? Let’s take a took.
Garnet represents passion, creativity, and determination. If you have met people that were born in the month of garnet, you can easily feel the fire inside them. They may not always be talkative, but they are straight to the point and be true to what they say.
- Properties: Help to keep the energy up like most of the crystals in red. While there are also garnets in different colors, their common function is to balance emotions and help to maintain a positive mind.
Amethyst is one of the most powerful stones in mother nature. People born in the Amethyst month are sensitive, keen on beauty and value health and family greatly.
- Properties: Help to seek the deeper meaning of life and connect to a higher self. Ancient Greece believed wearing an amethyst would prevent you from getting drunk or intoxicated. Moreover, it is also helpful in strengthening a long-term relationship if put in the bedroom as a Feng Shui crystal.
The birthstone Aquamarine represents courage and honesty. The Aquamariners are never afraid to express how they truly feel or think. And they are always calm and cool even in a chaotic environment.
- Properties: Aquamarine had been used to bring luck and protection to sailors for a long time. According to Forbes, it was a guardian stone to ensure a safe voyage. That’s because it encourages to embrace the present and catch every chance while keeping one’s inner peace.
The symbol of purity and commitment. People born in the Diamond month are those with a kind soul and strong compassion. They are super devoted to accomplishing their goals but at the same time take great care of others.
- Properties: Unlock one’s potential and courage. Help to enhance one’s endurance and perseverance towards success.
The stone of Venus. The elegant green color of spring emits a gentle vibration. It is one of the rarest gemstones found in South America and Africa. As the symbol of rebirth and love, emerald has been one of the most commonly used healing crystals. If you have a friend of Emerald, he/she may be a person that keeps a low profile. But don’t get fooled. They are super intelligent and have a unique and thorough understanding of things going around them.
- Properties: A powerful healing stone that assists to heal heart, lung, liver and is especially helpful for one’s eyesight.
Pearl represents the positive relationship. The Pearl people are usually thoughtful and kind with great patience and loyalty with his/her friends, family or lover.
- Properties: Strengthens personal charisma and help to build a healthier marriage or relationship with others.
Rubies symbolize passion and leadership. Usually, those born in the ruby month ar courageous, determined with a laser-targeted focus on their goals. And they are always open and not afraid to show their love towards the others.
- Properties: Ruby emits a stable and warm vibration that transforms into passion. It is commonly used to enhance love and sexual attraction. It can also help to absorb the energy of prosperity, so it also benefits those who are seeking a personal or financial success.
The birthstone of August is Peridot. Those who are born in the month of peridot are usually energetic, outgoing and courageous. They are not afraid to take risks, challenge authorities and express themselves.
- Properties: Peridot is a gentle stone that can bring hope and happiness. It also helps to release negativity and heal infections.
Sapphire stands for wisdom. As a result, those who were born in the Sapphire month are often intelligent and good at objectively analyzing the current situations.
- Properties: Accelerate the process of learning. Help to achieve academic progress or help to learn a new technique. The stone is believed to be able to enhance one’s beauty as well.
Opal is associated with luck and fortune. Though there exist Opals in different colors, most of them are smooth with a round shape. The opal people are open to the outside world and willing to try new things. Usually, they are blessed with great imagination and creativity.
- Properties: Enhance memory and decrease confusions. They can also help for a better sleep.
People that are born in November can sometimes be considered as mavericks. But in fact, they are just too strong and independent that their compassion is hidden behind.
- Properties: Help to enhance focus on one’s dream or goal thus increase the chance of success.
Those whose birthstone is turquoise can be fun and full of energy. They are that kind of persons that you want to stay with. You will feel comfortable asking them for advice cause you know they are loyal and always tell you the truth.
- Properties: Turquoise can assist in the growth inner wisdom and create better communications. In addition, they are highly spiritual yet grounding and can help to uncover one’s mental power to make a breakthrough.
So how do you feel about this? Does your birthstone describe who you are? Leave a comment below!
And before diving into the online stores or local shop hunting for your birthstone jewelry, make sure that you read the healing crystal beginner guide and give your stones a cleanse before putting them on.