A list of self-love quotes to stop from criticizing yourself and to truly embrace your self-worth.
Have you ever met someone who prioritizes his own happiness over anything else? I have.
They don’t need a reason to enjoy life as it is. They never put themselves through sufferings just to please others and seek approval. They arrange time doing things they love without feeling guilty. And honestly, I envy them.
It’s not difficult to appreciate your worth in times of success and achievements. The hardest part of self-love is loving yourself when you are not there yet. To love yourself, you need to see your self-worth before the world sees it.
It’s easier said than done. That’s why I’ve rounded up a list of self-love quotes to strengthen your self-belief. I hope these inspiring words of affirmations will encourage you to appreciate yourself as you are.
Without further ado, let’s get to it.
18 Quotes That Remind You To Love Yourself
1. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.
2. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.
― Karl Lagerfeld
3. As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.
― Charlie Chaplin
4. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.
― Shannon L. Alder
5. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.
― Charles Bukowski
6. Your time is way too valuable to be wasted on people that can’t accept who you are.
― Turcois Ominek
7. How you love yourself is How you teach others to love you.
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
8. The most beautiful thing you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
9. Our first and last love is self-love.
– Christian Nestell Bovee
10. Self-love is the source of all our other loves.
– Pierre Corneille
11. Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.
– Tyra Banks
12. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
13. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
14. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
– Mark Twain
15. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
– Maxwell Maltz
16. Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.
– André Gide
17. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.
– Kim McMille
You are not a doormat for someone’s negativity.
So here you go. Which of these self-love quotes is your favorite or do you have your own mantra? Tell us about it!