If you are ever trapped in a toxic relationship, you understand the feeling of dying a little every day.
Different from normal relationships with ups and downs, there are signs of a toxic relationship and sometimes you don’t even need to read any of them to know that he/she is killing you from inside out.
That said, leaving the toxic relationship, especially when you are still in love, is never an easy thing to do.
So we have gathered 29 inspirational quotes that will hopefully encourage you to take the action. You will be able to see the positive side of letting go and being the real you again.
Knowing and accepting is the first step of letting go
If you are not happy with your relationship and it’s becoming too much to handle, you may already know the ugly truth.
Sometimes we hesitate because all the efforts we put in the relationship would be wasted once we call it off.
And sometimes the fear of getting hurt stops us to take action. But only when you take off the blindfold can you see the light.
And it is only going to get better from this point on. In moments of doubt, these quotes may be able to help.
1. Just because someone desires you, does not mean that he values you.
Toxic people are not always bad guys trying to break your heart and soul. They can be people who love us dearly.
Not everyone expresses love the right way. If it means manipulation, stress and mental control, there’s no justification no matter how much they love you. People are different, and it’s not your responsibility to change them.
2. A healthy relationship doesn’t drag you down. It inspires you to be better.
And those who truly loves you will want you to be better. They will do what they can to help you thrive instead of tying their mental blocks to your ankle.
3. The moment that you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do.
People in a healthy relationship will never assume their partner as “toxic”.
If you feel wrong about your current relationship, it may not necessarily be toxic. But it is definitely not healthy.
4. A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dream, or your dignity.
Narcissists will always want more even when you have given all that you have. When you have nothing more to sacrifice, you mean nothing but an empty soul to them.
5. Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.
Stop giving narcissist “second chances” because “next time” equals more heartbreaks, more frustrations and more time spent in a living hell.
6. Don’t let your loyalty become slavery.
7. Mental abuse is much more painful than physical abuse because you are consumed by your own thoughts.
8. Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
9. It is better to break your own heart by leaving an abusive relationship, rather than having the same person breaking your heart every day.
You can't "purify" a toxic lover
You can’t change a narcissist. And don’t try to change them. If your partner’s been absent or abusive (either physically or mentally), they won’t even notice the misery they put you in.
The last thing you can do for them is to encourage them to get help and then walk away.
10. There are people who bring you down by just being them. They need not do anything. ― Malebo Sephodi
11. You lose yourself when you try to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about you.
12. Why do you think of him when you know he’s not thinking of you?
13. Sometimes you need to give up on people, not because you don’t care but because they don’t.
14. It’s better to be single with high standards than in a relationship settling for less.
15. You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage. ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
16. A toxic lover is someone damaged beyond repair
17. Being addictive to a toxic person is purely suicidal.
18. You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue in their actions.
19. Never let someone who contributes to a relationship so little controls so much of it.
20. I trusted you but now your words mean nothing to me because your actions spoke the truth.
Learn to let go and take your time
Never rush yourself to get out of sorrow and pain. If you want to cry, just cry. Talk to a friend, talk to someone you trust. Release the emotions in the way you want.
Take some time off or look for help if needed. It is going to take some time to heal. But you will heal eventually.
21. You survived the worst part. You’re going to survive the recovery.
22. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.― Germany Kent
23. May you reach that level within, where you no longer allow your past or people with toxic intentions to negatively affect or condition you.― Lalah Delia
24. Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life you will never be able to grow to your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.
Better things ahead
Stay strong. Never ever ever EVER turn back to a toxic relationship.
You have come so far and doing good. So don’t give anyone a second chance to hurt you again. It’s only going to get better now. So hang on.
25. You deserve better.
26. Sometimes bad things fall apart so good things can fall together.
27. Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.
28. Sometimes the best revenge is to smile and move on.
29. The best way to move forward is to let go of the people holding you back.
Wow, should we say toxic relationships are actually a gift? The bad things always have a bright side.
We will be so much stronger recovered from the trauma they created.