It seems like a total nonsense to wonder why to love yourself. But actually, lots of us are not fully aware of how our mind and life would change if we love ourselves enough. Some would even confuse self-love with narcissism and get trapped in the guilt of putting yourself first.
I believe self-love is based on a solid self-awareness and self-acceptance. It is the key to true happiness and the primary condition to build up a healthy and long-lasting relationship.
So in this post, I have rounded up 17 motivational quotes that prove why self-love is something you need to put into your routine. You can save them, print them out and put it on your vision board so you will never forget you are the first one to be pampered. If you haven’t downloaded my 7-day affirmation printable card, go ahead and grab them now!
1. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.
2. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you. ― Karl Lagerfeld
3. As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. ― Charlie Chaplin
4. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. ― Shannon L. Alder
5. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. ― Charles Bukowski
6. Your time is way too valuable to be wasted on people that can’t accept who you are. ― Turcois Ominek
7. How you love yourself is How you teach others to love you. ― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
8. The most beautiful you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
9. Our first and last love is self-love. – Christian Nestell Bovee
10. Self-love is the source of all our other loves. – Pierre Corneille
11. Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself. – Tyra Banks
12. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection – Buddha
13. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. – M. Scott Peck
14. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. – Mark Twain
15. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.– Maxwell Maltz
16. Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. – André Gide
17. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving. – Kim McMille
Practice self-love with daily affirmations.
Download the 7-day printable affirmation cards:)