Journaling is probably one of the most rewarding experiences that you can have every day. It gives us a chance to reflect and learn. It can also be the perfect place for you to share your secret and a sanctuary for you to heal.
By writing down things that are in your mind, You may be able to find closure And restore peace in your life. Writing a journal is like talking to yourself. Just like talking to a loved one, you will want this conversation to be deep So you can get to know more about yourself.
We’ve gathered 117 self-discovery journal prompts that will strengthen your self-awareness in different aspects. If you want your daily self-talk to be more than “how is your day”, here are the questions you need to ask yourself.
117 Journal Prompts To Boost Your Self-awareness
17 Journal prompts to know your presence
- Who are you?
- What is the best day you have recently? How was it like?
- List all the things (small things as well) that make you happy today.
- How do you feel about your body?
- What do you want to do with your free time today?
- What is the habit that you have for the longest time? Why?
- If you can only keep 3 things you have right now, what will they be and why?
- Try to think of a life-changing moment. What happened then?
- What is going well in your life right now?
- If you are to get a quote tattoo, what quote will you get?
- How will you describe yourself to a complete stranger?
- What are you most grateful for at the moment?
- Money, family, health, how do you prioritize these 3 things?
- What worries you the most currently?
- What do you do today to take care of yourself?
- What is the one new thing you learn that interest you the most?
- What keeps you awake at night?
15 Journal prompts to rediscover your past
- Scroll to the first post of your Instagram. What does it say?
- Did you enjoy your childhood as a kid? Why?
- What is one thing that you regret the most? What would you do differently if given a second chance?
- If you meet a friend that you haven’t seen in 10 years, how will you tell him/her about your life?
- Do you have any trauma that you never heal from?
- Think of a day when you were most happy as a kid. What happened?
- What have you lied about? Why?
- If you can time travel, what will you tell your teenage self?
- What is the greatest life lesson you’ve ever learned?
- Think of 3 people that you hate the most. What have they done to you?
- Write down one thing that you can not let go of.
- Write a letter to someone that you forgive.
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever made?
- Write a thank you letter to someone who has helped you through tough times.
- What’s the dumbest story of you that you will tell your kid?
15 Journal prompts that help to understand your mind
- How do you make decisions? By heart or logical analysis?
- What do you do on a bad day?
- What is your MBTI personality type?
- Do you trust in faith? Why and why not?
- What will you do if you feel distracted?
- How do you manage stress?
- Write about your biggest or wildest fantasy.
- What is one secret you never told?
- How do you deal with anger?
- Write down lyrics of the song that keeps looping in your head.
- What is the last “I feel so much better now” moment? What happened?
- Write about a change you did that makes your life or work better.
- If you can wipe out one thing in your mind, what will that be?
- Do you want to live forever? Why?
10 Journal prompts to find your true passion
- What is the one thing you feel genuinely excited about?
- If you can take a day off, what will you do?
- What is the thing that makes you feel proud recently? Why?
- Any future plan you are excited about?
- What is the one thing that you did recently that made you lose track of time?
- What is your favorite book? Write a review about it.
- Name a place you always want to go to. What will you do there given enough time?
- Name a movie that impresses you the most. Why is that so?
- Make a bucket list.
- What is the one experience that you think will make life complete?
11 Journal prompts reevaluate your strengths
- What are the things you do better compare to the people around you?
- What are the things you do without trying hard but surprise others?
- How will you describe your biggest strengths?
- Are you a creative person? What is the one thing you created that you are proud of?
- Write about an experience that you stand up for someone else.
- What cheers you up on a bad day?
- Describe your dream job.
- Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.
- What makes you unique?
- Think of the last time you solve a problem. How did you do it?
- Write about a brave moment you have.
11 Journal prompts to know your weakness
- What is the thing that’s been dragging you down?
- Is there anything you want to do for long but haven’t done it yet? Why?
- What is your biggest fear for the moment?
- What are the potential risks for your life? Given anything you need, how will you tackle them?
- What has your partner or family complained about you?
- What makes you angry?
- What is one thing that you want to change about yourself?
- What is one advice you didn’t believe in but turned out to be helpful?
- What is keeping you from your dream?
- What is the most f*cked-up thing you’ve done?
- What superpower you wish you have?
18 Journal prompts to understand your relationships better
- How do you tell if you can befriend with someone else?
- What are the major qualities you value for a friend?
- How will you describe your soulmate?
- List the qualities of the person you want to spend your life with.
- Who is your best of the best friend? How is he/she like?
- Who do you miss the most?
- Tell me about your parents.
- If you could only bring one person with you to Mars on the apocalypse, who would you bring and why?
- Describe the worst breakup you had. How do you get over it?
- Have you “lost your mind” for anyone? What do you feel about him/her now?
- If you can marry a celebrity, who and why?
- Are you comfortable being single for life?
- If you are to spend the rest of your life with an animal, what will it be?
- Whose company do you enjoy the most?
- What does “love on the first sight” look to you?
- What is one thing that someone can do for you and will instantly make your life better?
- Do you believe in eternal love? Why?
- How do you describe your present intimate relationship?
11 Journal prompts to find your purpose
- Who do you want to be?
- How do you want to be remembered 100 years from now?
- If you are powerful enough, what difference will you make in the world?
- How will you picture yourself in 10/20/50 years?
- What will you do with $50,000,000?
- Write your own epitaph.
- What is your life purpose?
- Who do you admire? What will you say to him/her if possible?
- If you can be one celebrity, who will that be?
- If you can solve a problem of your country, what is that?
- What will make the world a better place?